Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How can I cover my tattoo (for work) without makeup?

I have a fairly large tattoo on my shoulder blade, and I like to wear sleeveless tops. I work in a professional office and tattoos are not allowed to be seen. So every day I have to wear shirts that cover my tattoo. I live in south florida and it's like 100 degrees everyday and shirts with sleeves don't work out to well in this heat,. The only tattoo cover stuff I can find is makeup. I dont want to have to go through applying it every morning. I just need something that is easy on , easy off, like skin colored tape or something.

jimmy.pa...
Tattoos are not acceptable in professional working environment. I have 3 but I got it on parts where it could be easily covered by a shirt. A person should always plan getting a tattoo where it can be easily hidden if wanted to.

Anyway, there is nothing except a bit band aid that will cover it up. I suggest keep wearing the shirt. You work in an office building so heat should not be a problem inside. When you get off from work change your shirt to a tank on your drive home.

Lynn H.
Well you don't have much of a choice there. You are pretty much stuck. Does the tattoo stretch out to your biceps? If its just on you shoulder blade than I don't see how a sleeveless top wouldn't cover it up. I guess my suggestion is find tops that are lightweight and very breathable. Also there are lots of tops out not that have a little bit of a sleeve but not too much. Old Navy has a lot of nice tops that are buisness casual friendly. Just shop around and look online.
I always think about my tattoo placement when I get one. I always ask myself what I cant wear at work. Thats the only place a tattoo would be a hinderance to me.
Good luck!

ditdit
A VERY large band aid.
I worked at a place once that said no tattoos and no piercings.50% of the workers had nose rings etc and everytime someone bent over you could see there "back" tattoos!
Tell them you are trying to conceal a very ugly skin infection

Nikki
Like everyone else said, makeup and band-aids really are the only solutions. Not all makeup is created equal though, I use something called "Dermablend" and it works better than regular makeup. Another product I've seen sold in some tattoo parlors is "TattooCamo". Both are thicker than regular make up and tend to not "rub off" like others do. I have a tattoo on the nape of my neck, yet there isn't a person at work who knows I have it. :) It can be a pain to apply, but eventually it became part of my morning routine.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Agu6129QLHtVUOQGjovxPQ4jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20070712072631AACTVw8

No comments:

Post a Comment