Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What do you think about a tattoo on the inside of the wrist?

What do you think about a tattoo on the inside of the wrist?

I am thinking about getting some sort of small celtic cross tattoo on the inside of my wrist. This would be my first tattoo. I've heard that this is one of the more sensitive area's to get a tattoo. Is this true? I'm also in college studying to be some sort of early childhood teacher, so do you think that I would be looked down upon more so than if I didn't have a visable tattoo? Thanks for any serious answers!

tj n
Well the inside of your wrist has a lot of nerves/tendions therefor it is a very sensitive area. You may be looked down upon because of the tattoo depending on the community you are teaching in.. But you can always hide it with a thick watch or a big braclet depending on the size. I would not personally give you a mini celtic cross because that is a very detailed tattoo and with the size of it it may start to "blurr" together or look like a "blob" quickly. A cross yes but not to much detail in a small tatt! hth good luck:)

Allie K
I've seen some beautiful tattoo's on wrists (flower's, crosses, children's names). I've also seen some funny ones (like the person who hates wearing her medic alert bracelet, so had her "allergy" tattoo'd on her wrist, or the guy who is into extreme sport's and had his blood type tattoo'd on his wrist). I think if you want to do it, don't let the "pain" or thought of what the "pain" may be like stop you. The wrist is an easy place to cover a tattoo. Especially for women. You have many choices, watches, bracelets, bangles even a scarf!

Source(s):

Me, Im a woman who has a full sleeve, and im able to "cover" it up if I want to.

Tasha555
It is find to get it on the inside of your wrist but don;t get it to close to the little creases because my cousin did that and the ink faded really bad. But sure when you need to cover it you could just wear a pretty bracelet. I have a tattoo on the lower inside part of my arm i didn't think it was any worse then the rest. And the way you talk it will be small probably won;t even take long go for it and have fun girl :)

DeCiMal
Just do it. My 1st tattoo was on the tops of my feet. YEEAAOOUCH!!

So after that I also got one on the inner wrist and it was only slightly more irritating that someone writing with a sharp pen on my arm.

You can totally cover it up on the wrist. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about cuz he's not a girl. You can use bracelets, long sleeves, a fat watch, all kinds of things to cover it up.

Looked down upon would be a tattoo on your neck or your face, now those are hard to cover up!

damngirl...
Everyone always says to get it somewhere you can easily cover it up. I think the wrist is one of the easiest place to hide a tatto (at least for a woman) because you can wear bracelets watches etc. It is def. a more sensitive spot but the only part that hurts is the outline since they go over the spot several times.

TNW
I am not sure about the pain because I don't have one there but I'd imagine it is one of the most pain full spots. As far as wanting to be a teacher, I'd get tattoos in spots that can be covered if needed. Some places might not even hire you if you have visible tattoos. I want to go into the education field myself and have three tattoos (getting one more this week) but they are all in places that can be covered when they need to be and shown off when I want to show them off. Unless you want to wear long sleeves all the time, I wouldn't recommend one on your wrist.

April
As the principal of a school, I would not hire anyone with a tattoo that could be seen by any student in my classes..... and there are few other principals who would hire you as well. Tats are inappropriate in the academic setting. If you are out as a construction worker, biker, gardener, or any other blue collar job, fine. Academia? uh nope. Children? double no.

(As my mama always said, "when in doubt, don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment